TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
What Is TOEFL ?
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) takes into consideration models of English communication competence. It is used to evaluate an individual’s ability to combine reading, listening, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks. It is a highly recommended test for students aspiring to pursue higher education abroad and is accepted by around 8,500 institutions across 130 countries, including the UK, the USA, and Australia, as well as all of the world’s top 100 universities. Education Testing Services (ETS) is the test-conducting body for TOEFL.
At Mission Career, we organize TOEFL Coaching for students, wherein we guide you through every section of TOEFL — Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing. By doing this, we train students and provide them with helpful tips on how to ace the exam. Students are provided with all the essential material and have the flexibility to issue books from the library as per their requirements. With our TOEFL classes in Mumbai, which includes classroom training, mock tests and doubt clearing sessions, we ensure that the test preparation is meticulous and thorough.
At Mission Career, we organize sessions for students wherein, we guide them through every section of TOEFL — Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing. By doing this, we help students to navigate through the maze and instil the confidence in them to excel on the test. Students are provided with all the essential material and have the flexibility to issue books from the library as per requirement. This results in major cost savings for students who would not need to purchase any external material.
Moreover, in order to address specific issues faced by test takers, Mission Career offers personalized doubt solving sessions along with evaluation of mock speaking audio responses and essays, with the intent of enhancing a student’s skillset to the optimum level. Additionally, Mission Career helps students to systematically select the four universities where they can send their TOEFL scores for free, which again could be a savings to students.
One On One Coaching
This program is well suited for individuals who have not scored well in the diagnostic exam or are looking to score above a 114. The program is specifically designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the topics included in the TOEFL exam, with emphasis on strategies and shortcuts that will maximize time utilization. Spread over 8 hours of instructions, the program includes review assignments after each topic. Moreover,the student has accessibility to faculty members for unlimited doubt solving sessions. Building your vocabulary is one of the most important steps towards increasing your TOEFL score. Cramming words is not a good idea,especially when the TOEFL examination focuses on applying the vocabulary in a contextual sense..
In Class Training
This program provides systematic training of all the sections of the TOEFL. Our classes include two-hour lectures that are held thrice a week. This program is specifically designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the topics included in the TOEFL, with an emphasis on strategies and shortcuts to optimize time utilization. The program includes review assignments at the end of each topic and access to our faculty members for doubt solving. It is recommended that you learn everything – from vocabulary, basic grammar to tips and strategies – to aim for an impressive score. Mock exams are an integral part of the training and instill confidence in the students to face the examination and secure a good score.
Frequently asked questions?
ETS ( Educational Testing Service )
The score is valid for 2 years.
The score is sent to 4 universities by ETS free of cost at the time of exam. ETS charges additionally for scores sent to universities later for a fee of US $ 20 per report.
The TOEFL test is Internet Based Test (iBT) in India.
Online Registration on www.ets.org
Forms are available at USEFI (US Education Foundation in India) or they can be downloaded from the website.
Requirements For Web/Phone and Mail Registration or Requirements For Registration:
Name as in the Passport, Address, Credit Card Number, Name of the Cardholder, Expiry date of the card. (The card has to be an International Card).
- Online Registration can be done only via International Credit card. International Credit cards that can be used are American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard or VISA card. Debit card cannot be used for online registration in India.
Mail the International Test Scheduling Form (PDF) to the appropriate RRC with appropriate payment, (at least 3 weeks prior to intended date).
- ETS now accepts payments via the Western Union Quick Pay service for computer-based testing administrations. Only original receipts will be accepted by Prometric.
- One can register over the phone by using an American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard or a VISA International Credit card.
- Post that, students need to call the appropriate RRC at least two business days before preferred date [Regional Registration Center]. A confirmation number, reporting time, and the test center address will be given to you when you call.
- Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Anand, Bangalore, Belgaum, Bendoorwell, Bhimavaram, Bhopal, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Ernakulam, Gandhinagar, Greater Noida, Guntur, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Karimnagar, Kolkata, Kottayam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Medak, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, Nashik, New Delhi, Nizamabad, Noida, Panjim, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Ranchi, Secunderabad, Srinagar, Surat, Thane, Thissur, Tirunelvelli, Tirupathi, Trichy, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam and Warangal.
- A registration no. is given as terms of confirmation.
- An intimation is to be given to the ETS 3 days prior to the examination date. The necessary rescheduling fee has to be paid
- An intimation is to be given to the ETS 3 days prior to the examination date. A cancellation fee is applicable.
Number of tests:
- You can take the test as many times as you want, however there has to be a gap of 7 days. You may take the TOEFL iBT test only once in any seven-day period, even if you took the test and canceled your scores. If you test more than once in a seven-day period, your new scores will not be reported and your test fee will not be refunded.
- Total score is out of 120 (Internet Based). If the test is taken more than once, all the scores and the dates are sent to the universities. Scores can be cancelled before coming out of the test.
TOEFL iBT Test Sections
Reading* 60–80 minutes 36–56 questions Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions. Listening 60–90 minutes 34–51 questions Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, then answer questions. Break 10 minutes — — Speaking 20 minutes 6 tasks Express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks. Writing 50 minutes 2 tasks Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.